History and Purpose Scappoose Adventist School (SAS), established in 1935, is a pre-kindergarten through eighth-grade Christian school operated by the Scappoose-St. Helens Seventh-day Adventist Church. SAS exists to serve families who desire a Bible-based Christian education for their children and welcomes students regardless of their religious affiliation.SAS is located on Highway 30 on the outskirts of Scappoose, Oregon, and next to the Scappoose-St. Helens Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Spiritual Life Scappoose Adventist School believes that our relationship with God is the foundation of true education. Each school day begins with worship. Daily Bible classes help children know God better and learn to apply scripture to their daily life. Teachers often weave spiritual lessons into other classes as well. God is honored as the Creator and the source of true wisdom.
Academics SAS is state accredited and the teaching staff is certified. Low student-to-teacher ratios and multi-grade classrooms such as those enjoyed at SAS are seen by many educators to offer an ideal learning environment for children. SAS is committed to academic excellence and creating opportunities for hands-on learning.
Social Life Our small school offers many opportunities for the children to relate to one another in a family-like atmosphere. Young children are often paired with older students for “buddy reading.” Children of all ages can be seen playing together. Multi-grade classrooms enhance children learning to help one another.
Parents SAS welcomes parent involvement in the school and encourages parents to participate as classroom volunteers. We have an active Home & School Association which accomplishes amazing things throughout the school year. (Click on the link to find out more about Home & School- page in progress)
Our Mission Statement
SAS. Developing the whole child.
Our Vision Statement
The Creator’s design is for “whole person” development – Spiritual, Mental, Physical, Emotional. The longer your child attends Scappoose Adventist School, the more he or she will increasingly demonstrate:
- A Spirit-filled life with service acts toward others
- Academic excellence and critical thinking skills
- Leadership through personal gifts and abilities
- Integrity-based decisions and healthy choices
We believe that with an affirming environment supported by a committed community and staff, who provide an educational experience that pursues whole person development, students will excel as scholars, community leaders, and servants of Christ.
- Communicate with each child as a unique creation designed by God
- Hold students accountable to the vision with grace
- Provide rigorous, relevant, and integrated instruction that is balanced
- Work as a team with parents and staff to maximize a student’s potential
- Provide adequate sleep and nutrition for my child
- Make time as needed to help my child succeed
- Communicate questions or concerns directly to the teacher
- Support the school’s vision
- Accept financial responsibility
- Show love to others
- Perform my best in school
- Integrate the gifts God has given me to bless others
- Respect the people God has placed over me
- Initiate caring for the property around me
- Take care of any problems I cause
Journey to Excellence video presentation
Hear from administrators, teachers, parents and students about the quality academics, strong curriculum and integrated spiritual and moral content of our school. https://youtu.be/EXXcrUNciXo
Adventist Education Elementary Standards
For more information about our education standards. The following link has more information... http://adventisteducation.org/curriculum/elementary/standards